Investigator Led Studies
Oxford Immunotec is committed to improving the care of patients with immune-regulated conditions by providing funding or other forms of support to qualified investigators who share our commitment and work within our areas of interest.
All physicians, healthcare providers, researchers and institutions around the world who conduct their own research and share the same commitment are invited to submit a study proposal under the areas of interest below.
Areas of Interest
Including, but not exclusive of:
- Studies to optimise further use of the T-SPOT.TB test as a means of diagnosis; for example (but not limited to), as a means of detecting disease progression, or for differentiating active versus latent TB infection, or for identifying other potential non-tuberculous mycobacteria infections.
- TB testing in rheumatology, cancer, ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease patients receiving biologics
- General prospective studies in the elderly, paediatrics and patients with comorbidities and immunosuppressed
- Prospective studies to explore performance of T-SPOT technology-based tests in immunosuppressed group
- Interventional studies
- Congenital CMV
All proposals are reviewed by a select review committee against criteria which includes scientific merit and alignment with the Company’s areas of interest. The investigator and/or institution responsibilities include study design, execution and compliance with all local and international regulatory requirements.
For more information please click here to download the Investigator Initiated Study Proposal form. Please submit both the cover letter and study protocol to Oxford Immunotec Medical Affairs at email@example.com.
Support is subject to availability of resource and conditioned upon an approved study concept proposal, full study protocol and full execution of a research support agreement by both parties.
- The proposed study should be:
- For a legitimate research purpose, and it must be scientific merit in a research area which complements Oxford Immunotec research
- The Investigator applying for an Investigator Led Study must meet the following criteria:
- Have the appropriate infrastructure and resource in place to conduct the proposed study
- E.g., the site has the scientific, technical, statistical and operational capabilities to conduct a study as a sponsor (including trained staff to execute the study)
- Have already obtained IRB/Ethics approval, or be willing to obtain approval within 1 month of submission to Oxford Immunotec
- Have recent clinical research experience within the previous 3 years, evidenced by publications, congress presentations etc.
- Have obtained Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training within the previous 3 years
- Deliver to agreed timelines
- Be able to meet all regulatory requirements, including writing of a final study report and manuscripts
- Be able to publish the study in a peer-reviewed scientific journal